Monday, February 25, 2013

Why My Point of View?

What happens when an African American (Pa’ele) boy is befriended, taken in, and even raised by Asians and Pacific Islanders? First, during the 70's in his home town of Los Angeles, Ca. and then a decade later during the 80’s on the beautiful islands of Hawaii. Then you add more mystery and adventure by converting him to Mormonism and sending him on a two-year mission to South America. My name is Kory and I welcome you to follow my Blog.  I invite you to get to know me and read my views on many topics including: "Why we should treat the White Man better than how the White Man has treated us," "Polynesian History and Culture," "Being an Islander on the U.S. Mainland," "Being Black in the Pacific,"  "Being a Child of God,"  and "Just Being Black, Brown, or Yellow and Beautiful."

6 comments:

  1. Great blog! You could really take this in any direction, you know. It will be fun to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetheart. It's really a fun way to just share. I just get so frustrated with computer stuff....trying to figure out how to create a blog and use it...lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go my friend! I pondered, after our discussion, just how I would approach "teaching" through this medium and what angle would I take in order to be the most beneficial to those who don't know our culture and therefore don't know what they're missing out on ;) The way you're approaching it is simply awesome! Look forward to learning from you and learning about you
    Kurt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahalo Kurt, I really hope that I can do some good with this.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kory...just learning how to use Google + and happened on your Blog...what a great start! Can't wait to read the rest! Hugs and Aloha no! Mom Lexi

      Delete